3.26.2009

by man's design and skill

Unfortunately, I will have to break my policy of linking to bad sites by asking you to check out this interview. I had mentioned a while back how beautiful I thought the conversion of the first Korn bandmember was. And here we go with round two. The light of life in the darkest of places.

We bang our heads against walls, wondering why so-and-so isn't a Christian yet. We get frustrated when we've been praying for salvation for someone for years and haven't seen any fruit. We wonder if there's something more we can say, some new argument we can learn. We wonder if maybe we can offer them some ministry, and do some good deed.

No, no, and no. Faith has always been and will always be God-initiated and God-controlled. And if we have issues with that, the issue isn't with His existence; the issue is with our acceptance of His will. I try to stay away from labeling myself a Calvinist, but the more I learn about having a God-centric view, the more I wonder.

Nope. Still not convinced about election, sorry.

1 comment:

Marina said...

Oh c'mon Tung--just come out of the closet already! ;)