2.27.2012

scattered, each to his own home

Heard a beautiful new song this morning. Video is below:





I love all of the lyrics, but especially those of the third stanza that go:
Hear the Savior calling home Every soul that's lost their way See them turn away from sin As they call out the Savior's name 
It reminds me of the hymn that I quote in my testimony whose first stanza goes:
I sought the Lord and afterwards I knewHe moved my soul to seek Him seeking me.It was not I that found, O Savior true;No, I was found by Thee.
These verses are stirring reminders that we are built for eternity; Eccl3:11 tells us so. Our image is in God, and only in Him will our hearts feel at home. And God knows that that ache in our soul that looks for completion will seek to fill itself in the evils of the world around it, and so He is constantly calling for our attention, calling for us to come home. There is no place I'd rather be. 

No comments: