10.21.2004

do you not understand

What's the lesson here? My prediction comes through and the Sox pull off a miracle in the ALCS and head toward fulfilling my prediction of a World Series victory, and yet my day is not joyous?

Reasons aplenty:
* An enemy who's joined my rooting interest
* A hero cooperating with an enemy who's joined my rooting interest
* An awful coach being hired for my other rooting interest apparently destined to toil in the cellar for the length of the new coach's contract
* An election headed toward disaster for the believers

Aside from not caring this strongly about sports in the future and about winners and losers and about forgiveness and about focusing on the joy and not on the anger not on the anger not on the anger and about not losing hope and praying and praying and praying what's the lesson here?

No comments: