11.12.2004

and patience, not knowing

Just a quick post since I don't want to miss another day, but at the same time, I have nothing to say. 32 more days until the release of the extended cut of Return of the King. No sleepiness, just anxiousness. No joke: I wake up most mornings and within a few minutes of consciousness, I count the number of days left till release. I started counting about 40 days ago.

Patience is a virtue; this I know from the constant barrage of reminders throughout Prov and the NT. To me, patience does not reflect a lack of virtue but a lack of intensity and passion. If you really care about something, how can you not wait for it to be near you? A loved one away on a long trip; a spouse serving overseas; the birth of a child. Obviously a DVD release day is not comparable, but in all these things, how is constant focus and day-counting a bad thing?

Perhaps its the intensity of focus on something other than Him that's the problem...

No comments: