11.17.2004

everyone who hangs on a tree

I'm not one to fall for cheesiness or sentimentality. I think I tend to see it as a weakness, that you can't control your own emotions. If you can't control yourself or what's inside you, what can you control?

The one topic (cheesy or otherwise) where I can't control my emotions is when it comes to the Cross. Check the prior posts, but I can't control the snapping trembles. I don't want to be able to control the snapping trembles. And I'm pretty sure He doesn't either, especially because He knows I'm no good at controlling anything.

This preface is so that I can post the following edited story that I read, and within half a minute, the trembles had knocked out the rivers within (apologies to any copyright issues I may be violating):

Once upon a time there were three little trees who all had a dream of what they should grow up to be someday.

* Tree #1 hoped to be a beautiful treasure chest.
* Tree #2 hoped to be a strong ship.
* Tree #3 hoped to grow straight, and to be the tallest tree in the forest.

Time passed, and one day three woodsmen came and cut down the three trees. They were each made into something that was far from their dreams.

* Tree #1 was made into a feedbox for animals.
* Tree #2 was made into a small fishing boat.
* Tree #3 was cut into long large beams and left alone in the dark.

Many years passed by and the three trees almost forgot about each of their dreams; but God had not forgotten.

* One starry night in a Bethlehem stable, tree #1 held the greatest treasure in the world.
* One evening a great storm arose, and tree #2 didn't think he could keep his passengers safe. Then one man who had been asleep in the boat arose, and He calmed the storm.
* Finally, tree #3 was made into a rugged cross; a man was nailed to it. High upon a hill, He died upon that cross.

God always had a plan for the trees . . . a different plan to fulfill their dreams.

For a longer version of the same story, check this out. No trembles? Still feel really badly for you. Still do.

No comments: