11.16.2004

that which comes down out of

Reading 2Tim1 made me a little sad today, but also a little encouraged. Saul has a short little mention of two names (minors, really, except they're not nameless). He tells his "son" (keep up with me) that he is mindful of Tim's sincere faith which first dwelt in grams and mom, and is probably in Tim.

Sad 1: He's worked with Tim and knows Tim, but is only mostly sure about the sincerity of Tim's faith? How sad for Tim.

Sad 2: My mom nor grams (nor dad nor gramps) had first dwellings of anything passed down to me. Without Him grabbing me, I would have fallen short after having lived in emptiness. And if the shadows came with the light that grabbed me, I'm telling you that's a good trade, don't try to dispel both.

Encouraged 1: I'm trying. Lord knows I'm trying. My babies will escape this second sadness someday. I will die trying to ensure that.

No comments: