1.22.2005

at that time the feast of the

Reminder that even the great heroes of the OT were not perfect men, not one. Jacob who wrestled with an angel (Jesus?) commits the sin of adultery multiple times in Gen30-31. That's not even mentioning the polygamy. Heard preached once that yes, everyone even the great heroes sinned, but that God never once rewards the hero for the sin -- always for the faith -- and that plenty of them suffered consequences for their sins even if it was one in the midst of a life of righteousness (Moses and the rock and the no promised land, for ex).

Not sure I completely buy that. But do know that this is an issue that makes the faith so attractive and repellant. Let's address the repellant first. Unbelievers hold fast to their antifaith with the zeal of a zealot based on the idea of the sinful hero -- Crusades and other extremes driving them away.

On the other hand, for me, this is the strength of it all. I know what I'm capable of, and if I even I can be invited, let me come to that dinner party. Because apparently the forgiveness runs a mile deep.

No comments: