3.05.2005

and considerable numbers

Been refraining from saying anything about this because I'm not sure what to believe. Consistency argues that fundamentalist position on one side of life automatically equates to the other, that morally they are two sides to the same coin. Throw in the arguments weighed in the issue of stem cells and using fertilized ova versus merely disposing of them, and you get one multi-dimensional coin.

The OCD in me appreciates the consistency argument, but the logician in me wonders if the argument actually holds true. The crux lies in whether or not life is life is life, whether morally or philosophically values are the same. From my position this certainly does not hold true. In my internal rankings, the math isn't zero sum. I'd certainly annihilate whole countries to save the single life of one of my own.

I wonder if the math of God follows any rules we'd ever be able to understand....

No comments: