4.08.2005

beloved of God in Rome

They say that denial is the first stage of dealing with any traumatic event. That may be the reason I have failed to comment on him. It's not because I'm afraid to offend the base over my reverence of just a man -- either base. It's not because I think the whole thing is being overdone, because I don't think it is. It might simply be because I have no other feeling than sadness, and don't want to dwell on it.

You can say that he's unduly worshipped. You can say that he has a hand in the undue worshipping. You can say like the evil ones that he's failed to do things he should have done, or done things too right. But you cannot say he was not a beloved servant of God, or that he's not there with Him being smiled upon, because you'd be wrong.

You pray for someone for almost 19 years, and I promise you, intense devotion will appear. Whether that makes me or it wrong or right I don't care.

Sleep well, holy father. See you where it counts.

No comments: