7.20.2005

the false prophet who performed the signs

You want to find everything wrong with American Christianity? Here you go. I don't even know where to begin.

I'm going to leave for now the Satanic health & wealth gospel preached by Osteen. It defies the central tenets of Christianity. When the Savior stated His followers would carry their own crosses, I don't see where you interpret that burden as happy lives of splendor.

I'm going to leave for now the church's slogan of "discover the champion in you". When the Savior stated that apart from Him we can do nothing, I don't see where you interpret inner strength as something possible without God.

I'm going to take to task instead the idea that you can spend $95 million dollars to renovate something into a church and not spend a single dime on a cross. There is no Christianity without the cross. Hear how your own prideful voice resonates within the Compaq Center, Osteen? That's the echo of an empty soul.

No comments: