8.26.2005

my lifetime as nothing in your sight


Take these hands and lift them up
For I have not the strength to praise You near enough
For I have nothing,I have nothing without You

Take my voice and pour it out
Let it sing the songs of mercy I have found
For I have nothing,I have nothing without you

All my soul needs
Is all Your love to cover me
So all the world will see
That I have nothing without You

Take my body and build it up
May it be broken as an offering of love
For I have nothing, I have nothing without You

With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my might
With all the strength that I can find

Take my time here on this earth
And let it glorify all that You are worth
For I am nothing, I am nothing without You

Every now and then you need to be reminded of John15:5 -- and by every now and then, I mean more than just the Sunday run-up. And it is not simply the motto of a soul lacking self-esteem, but rather the honest cry of a soul not duped by liar's reality. It is the world that tells you that you are worth something by yourself in a desperate attempt to imply that you need no Shepherd. But what you don't understand is that liar undervalues you, and you fall for it.

You can be the liar's everything, or the Lord's nothing. The liar's everything is worth empty words. The Lord's nothing was worth dying for. Posted by Picasa

No comments: