9.08.2005

has laid a foundation

Been looking for this since I heard about it Tues night. Finally updated transcipt on CNN, but the whole isn't of worth. Here's the portion you need to read. In a discussion about Katrina, an opening for Rick Warren:

KING: Rick Warren, what would you add?

WARREN: Well, you know, I would agree with what Phil has said. The people that have bothered me the most -- I've been most worried about were the children because they're certainly going to be traumatized much easier. The adults are going to get through this and as a parent, I would tell the parents in this area, where I am now and the other areas of the Gulf states, you must reassure your children. We're here. God's here. You're here. And we're going to make it together.

I would not focus on what's lost, but focus on what's left. Not what's lost, but what's left. And if you're going to help people get over their insecurity, then you must teach them, whether children or adults, that they have to put their confidence, their trust into something that can never be taken from them.

Now, if you put your trust in your career, it can be taken from you. If you put your trust in material possessions, they can be taken from you. If you put your trust in your husband or your wife or even your children, they can be taken from you as we have seen this week.

The only thing that cannot be taken from you is a personal relationship with God and Jesus Christ, as I know Him. He gives me strength and you know, America could be taken over by a foreign country, we could be put in concentration camps and they could strip us naked and take away everything, including my wedding ring, but they cannot rob me of my personal faith in God.

And so, I would teach my children that ultimately they have to put their trust in something that cannot be taken away from them.

An opportunity not wasted. The media are again covering all the wrong things. Want to focus on FEMA and Red Cross? Go ahead. The Lord will be focusing on the ones making the greater difference -- His bride doing everything not being shown in the papers. Keep your blinders on, media. Maybe you won't see that lake to your right. Although, I have a big feeling you won't be able to avoid seeing it in the end.

No comments: