10.21.2005

the Spirit of truth comes

If I have not done it yet, it is because I failed to capture it here. But rest assured it has danced within my head before. So really, I'm correcting a notion I have yet to utter. In any case,

sometimes the simplest advice is the richest, deepest, and most difficult path.

It is an easy recommendation to state that the answer to every ill is time in the Word and prayer. It is, in fact, the automatic response to almost all occasions for many believers. I have (mentally) derided these action steps as simplistic, overly so.

Simply wrong.

In reality, these are practical steps to the real solution: getting right with God. Through these steps, you will be conversing and interacting and in the end being. Case in point: memorization of Scripture. Seems like something best left for classes or quizzes or board games.

No, no, and no.

The delving and the committing to mind is all part of the getting right, getting close, drawing closer. And it will feel different at first. It will be difficult, in fact, liar and all being who he is. It will feel ridiculous. Similar thoughts, I have had all. But there comes a moment where you see, yeah, this isn't so bad, this is in fact what He wants, this helps every which way.

Yeah.

No comments: