2.06.2006

reaching forward to what lies ahead

"Has anyone here ever heard a really good sermon on hope?"

That is what I posed to others yesterday am. And truth be told, Spirit-led question. Led to a good few minutes on the subject of hope. Some notable thoughts:

* HOPE = Hanging on to Peace Everlasting (from another)
* Hope is a sense of meaning, not a wish. My hope, my reason for living, is far different than "I hope the Seahawks don't get JOBBED in the Super Bowl." (also from another)
* Hope, to me, is not a determined noun. It is rather, an eternal sense of longing within the soul. All have it. Early on, usually in your pre-walk, that longing is for the things of this world. I hope I make lots of money. Or I hope I have healthy children. But after the walk, that hope is filled by a pronoun. The psalms speak of the Lord is my hope.
* Great sermon topic for another day. How important is hope? In ICor13, it is listed right next to faith and love. You hear sermons on faith and love all the time. But hope? Something to ponder.

No comments: