3.11.2006

calculate the cost to see

This story makes me sad. I suppose it should be an uplifting one, a radical minister bent on saving souls gives a small offering for the chance to sow seeds. I suppose it should make me happy that one of liar's children had a mustard seed enough to allow himself to be a target for seed-throwers. I suppose it should make me smile knowing that we never know how God will use even the tiniest of cracks in howler armor to completely rend a man.

I suppose all of that should be true.

I tend to see the sadness instead in a world where there are those who believe that a soul is only worth $504. The Lord bled for that soul, a value beyond comprehension. Even sadder still, there are those who will attempt a similar stunt, figuring this an easy trade of time for cash, $10/hr being far better than minimum wage -- not seeing the truth that the wages of sin is death, and the outcome of an hour can change a life. Saddest of all may be those who snicker at the stunt, believing someone rooked an old man out of $504 because a soul isn't worth it. Liar is the one telling you that souls are cheap or not for sale. Both are his biggest lies of all.

No comments: