4.11.2006

became even more quiet

Romans is one of the greatest of Paul's epistles. Sad, then, that nothing has caught my eye since Rom1. Reflective of the weirdness of this year's season for me. Almost so focused on the great day of love, that I can barely see past anything else for it. Good and bad in that the great day of love should be the central focus of the season, but what have you lost by missing out in His present love borne by obedience?

In any case, will bookend it, I suppose. Rom16:20 did do some catching this morn. It says "And the God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet."

Questions: Does that mean He will do all the crushing and place the defeated liar in a space beneath even our sinfulness? Does it mean that He will use our feet in the crushing of liar? What is our participation in the crushing? God of peace and feet -- some reference to Eph6 and the feet shod with the Gospel?

Don't know where I'm going with any of this. Just pondering.

No comments: