4.27.2006

were glad and agreed to give him money

This article interested me today. My own history is clear -- faithful is as faithful does, and the Lord rewards the faithful. That is more than a random correlation; it is, in proof, clear fact. I'm certain the article makes no mention of the difference twixt gross and net tithing, nor does it really care. That isn't the point of raising it here either.

As I become more interested in fully defining real faith, it's clear that the answer becomes simpler and simpler. All things relate to one question: Do I believe who He says He is? All sins and all faith steps boil down to that one question.

The thoughts around tithing aren't different. Do I believe He is sufficient for me? If so, give. If not, still give. The fact that the average is 3% and you're at 7% is not a cause for celebration or pride, but shame -- still not 10%. Justify all you want. If you try to answer the yes/no question with an essay, you're only deluding the self. Sufficient, yes or no? Then obey.

No comments: