5.17.2006

then watch out that the light

I'm astonished. And usually when I say that, I'm being sarcastic. But this time I'm astonished, for real. This has to have been the easiest thing to do -- make a blockbuster out of a bestseller. You have a built-in fanbase of 40 million plus, for crying out loud.

I'm astonished that liar isn't making better use of this opportunity. Wouldn't it be in his best interests to have made this a wondrous spectacle to behold? A flick all would flock to and see? Win an oscar and guarantee even more eyeballs glued to the big screen? All in the service of liar's kingdom? And instead, he lets the picture become bloated?

Maybe liar had the same thought as Sony Pictures -- with that big a guaranteed fanbase, maybe you don't care what happens, since the sheep will flock anyway. Why actively damn souls when they're actively damning themselves.

No comments: