6.23.2006

sets out to meet another king

Another Mullins reflection. Won't be running out of these any time in the near future. This particular one makes me recall a scene in a room with a radio after having listened to a speech on unbelief and the need for belief not to interfere with things far more solid. First instance of persecution? Not really. More overdrama than anything, but remember listening to these words and thinking that comfort was as close as what these lyrics were indicating.

The relevant ones:
And I wake up in the night and feel the dark
It's so hot inside my soul
I swear there must be blisters on my heart

So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace

Surrender don't come natural to me
I'd rather fight You for something I don't really want
Than to take what You give that I need
And I've beat my head against so many walls
Now I'm falling down, I'm falling on my knees
Surrender in real life doesn't come unless a war is present. And that war -- even that imagined war -- isn't pretty or easy or negotiable. Desperation makes men turn toward the only way out of the impossible.

No comments: