6.13.2006

there your heart will be

Conversed with a brother this morning on the subject of rewards. Alcorn can have his views on crowns and jewels and all other manner of finery apparently awaiting us at the pearly gates. As I've said before, all that's a side bonus to the real treasure of worship before the actual throne. I don't need the mansions; you can have my keys. I'll leave them in the front door for you. That heavenly convertible jaguar? Yours, too.

As I pointed out, if you're serving for the rewards, you're wrong. Not sinful, but wrong. I don't care what v you bring up about rewards and the nobleness of gathering said treasure. If your motivation is rewards, you are wrong. Doesn't want obedience for crowns. He wants obedience for obedience's sake. He wants obedience for love's sake. All other sakes are wrong. End of discussion.

No comments: