6.19.2006

waiting for the moving of

Still believe Waiting is my favorite Mullins song, perhaps favorite song period. Loved coming back to it this afternoon. Especially this portion:

So I stand on the promise, 'cause I know that the promise is sure
That it comes from beyond us and tells us again
That there's a whole 'nother world
Well, the one I'm in keeps spinning 'round
But I want to stay right here 'cause I found You

And I can't walk away
Though the truth is that it can be so hard to wait
When a million voices whisper, and they tell me I should leave
Into the shadows that the moon casts
On these alleys and these streets
But I know that chasing shadows won't get me anywhere
'Cause I've been there

So I'm waiting for You Jesus
'Cause I know that those who wait
They will mount with wings like eagles
They will run and not grow faint
They will walk and not grow weary
Their strength will be renewed
Coming from You


It's like he heard the same whispers I hear, calling for you to come to the shadows. And the waiting is hard, making the shadow whispers that much more appealing. Faith builds on its own history. Faith looks back over its shoulder and sees the trend, knows those whispers and those shadows end in emptiness. Faith says waiting, waiting forever if needed, is never a solo activity. Faith says waiting, waiting is easier when fed with strength from light. Can't walk away. Can't.

No comments: