8.18.2006

does not know its value, nor is it found

Been skimming through a book by an insightful brother. He speaks of the walk and calls it a "journey toward a virtuous life." Virtues he comments upon drip with wisdom from above. Time alone this morning, and one on humility struck me with F5 force, especially one that hit the heart of topics discussed in these annals recently.

Thomas quotes theologian Peter Kreeft: "Humility is thinking less about yourself, not thinking less of yourself."

All these beliefs in my who completely wrong. Trying to escape the pride I know lurks in my heart waiting to pounce, and rather than finding its cure in humility, I was instead trapped by lies of esteem and worth. Eat my own cooking is what I need to do. Weptover and worth it. Believe it.

No comments: