8.12.2006

up on the mountain, and there He sat

These guys know how to express their love for the Savior in beautiful ways. Been listening to their latest hit "Mountain of God" lately, and there's a line in there that is appropos everything:

That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God


Valleys have been crushing me lately, but past it, I can look down from that mountain these guys speak of and nod my head in agreement.

That mountain of His is its own sermon, I can see it. Been clear from the very beginning. Noah and his craft rested upon one. Lord gifts the world with the Ten from one. Lord transfigures on another. SotM occurs on one. Lord escapes to one to mourn. Lord stokes a campfire on yet another. And upon a little one, Lord braves wrath to save the world. Some near 500 mounts later, Lord shows John the New Jerusalem from the slopes of another.

And to reach all of these, there is some valley whose jaws cannot crush you beyond what He tells you you can bear with His carrying you. Valleys nigh unbearable, not understating that. But the restoration I spoke of comes atop that mountain of His, and my goodness, what a view.

No comments: