8.10.2006

a witness, to testify about the light

One of the Lord's beloved is getting a lot of coverage. Read the piece upon which all these commentaries are coming here. I could comment on Billy's whole life, the millions whose John Hancocks fill the pages of the Book of Life because of him. I could comment on MSM's slanted words designed not to illuminate the man, but to dilute the faith. I shall do neither.

I'll instead comment on the vacuum this leaves the world when he goes to see his Father. Some other nobody will need to rise, whose heart is for the lost. Some other nobody will need to rise, whose career and talent and energy will be used for His glory. Some other nobody will need to rise, whose only thought will be salvation, salvation, salvation.

I am not pondering myself as a replacement. I am sounding the alarm that liar sees the decline of someone once labelled "America's Pastor" and is licking his lips for the coming battle. And someone needs to hear that alarm and respond.

No comments: