9.25.2006

on the cross it was

Leaders at home discussing a plan tomorrow night to place a cross in the sanctuary. I'm sure your first response is "Are you saying there isn't one there now?!" I know. One exists, but hidden by a screen meant to jog those with poor memories.

Your second response might be to ask "What discussion could possibly occur beyond when and where and how?" At least if you're a regular to these pages you might. Because if you can think of a reason to even argue the point of whether or not we should, hardheart you're in the wrong place.

Because of my absence, I'll give them all the benefit of the doubt and assume none are arguing against the necessity for a more visible tree. I'm actually glad for the absence because I'm not sure I could contain the vitriol which would rise against any who'd dare. There is no faith without the cross, and no life worth living without the faith. And there is no church that can call itself faithful without a devotion to the cross.

Looking forward to the notes from the meeting tomorrow night. And the first thing I will look to is the first thing I always look to, reminding myself never to look away.

No comments: