10.26.2006

and they will level you to

Lots of consecutive posts about what I'm getting from the Word. Either a good sign of a return, or not focusing on the external, or not being creative. Not like I care actually. In any case, John 16:12. That's what I came here to talk about. In John16:12 Lord says, "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now."

I'm reminded of Nicholson's famous truth uttering. There is this idea that you can only take so much of a concept (truth, Spirit, et al). I teach against the idea of a Spirit tap, and in this particular instance, the analogy is even more inappropriate.

The idea that you cannot bear the Lord's uttering is not due to some topped off container completely brimming with Spirit. That is exactly what is NOT happening here. It is rather like the martial arts belt system where each color has prior color prerequisites. Certain spiritually mature truths (and perhaps powers) do not lend themselves to infants; Pauline letters acknowledge as much. Walk of faith can be seen as perpetual training toward better belts and accompanying truths and Spirit.

No comments: