11.28.2006

and in the same way

Found myself among unknown believers this evening. "Unknown" because I wouldn't have guessed based on the language and stories being bantered about. Much of the language directed toward a common enemy, some harridan. Then the magic words came out, "And the rest of the church are just as furious with her."

I'll be the first to admit that I am as sinful a believer as any that exist, that has ever existed. Have admitted as much on multiple occasions round these parts. So I'm not shocked that believers are full of shadows and darkness. It's not the presence of sin in believers that shocks me. It's that there is as much sin in the believer as the non that will ever surprise me. That, and the fact that the believer doesn't care that there is no discernible difference twixt them and the non. The disinterest in the difference will always dropjaw me as well.

Not judging. Just reporting the sadness.

No comments: