11.16.2006

and search carefully for

Listening to a secular favorite on the flight home this evening. One of my faves came whispering in my ears. The lyrics of note that resonated go as follows:
I’m just out to find
The better part of me

I’m only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me
I think because I'm such a confident, forceful person it would be easy to believe I have an enormous ego. That is so far from the truth, it's laughable. Rather, I understand Paul when he calls himself the least of the apostles.

Mature faiths will create in you something of a paradox. It will make you understand that you are nothing, that all your gains are losses to your faith. It will make you understand the zero part you have in everything, the zero part that you are. But it will also make you understand why that makes you the perfect candidate for usage by God. Because then all credit goes to Him for success through such an imperfect tool.

Knowing you can be used and knowing where and how you will be used is the heart of your following Him on that walk. Where you are going is not meant for you, but for others. Catalyst? Follower? Shepherd? Flock? There is a special thing inside of you. Ask Him to let you know what that is.

No comments: