12.08.2006

and it became calm

Everyone has a different definition of peace. Google for quotes about peace and everyone from Mother Teresa to Presidents to authors to musicians offer up their personal take. You can try a Concordance search, and the Word gives you some 350 citations. So obviously a term of importance.

My definition need only make sense to me. It is a state where there is no soul reaction to a thought no matter the howling of the shadows. It is a state of composure and thin-lipped smiles knowing that the arguments and fears being thrown at you seem to bounce off this protective layer. That protective layer, that shield from the reaction is peace.

Others will tell you to "give it up to God" and you will obtain that shield. That giving up is not a concept that makes sense to my world -- not because I am unwilling to "give up"; only that that "giving up" concept seems too vague. In my protected world, I needn't give anything up in imaginary surrender in shoulder-shrugging ways. It is instead a realization that His hand is there, His hand is moving, and no amount of anything can slip past that hand holding you securely in that cleft.

No comments: