1.22.2007

He is in the wildness

Yesterday, a brother in prayer used the term "become undone by your love". What a remarkable prayer and turn-of-phrase. Even more remarkable is the sentiment. The prayer reflects a heart willing to remove the blinders, remove the protective borders, remove the constraints of normalcy, and willing to turn itself over completely to another's love, and to whatever consequences accepting that love and returning that love entails.

I think of sloppy loud tears before a dinner crowd. I think of a humble return stinking of swine. I think of Hem-grabbers and palm-throwers. I think of tree-climbing midgets and pallet-lowering friends. And I think of silent weepers making that short journey down aisles toward that shining altar beckoning with a tale of forgiveness.

No comments: