1.08.2007

walking on ahead of them

At yesterday's little gathering of the brethren, I didn't dwell on the application as much as I should have. The one that occurred to me as I prepped was the idea of spiritual inheritance. Isaac and Israel are called out in the Heb11 Hall particularly for their passed-on blessings and not for any other deed of faith. It was their faith in the Lord as the One who holds the future in His hands that is emphasized.

As one who is consciously ever-thinking of secure futures, I plan for college; I plan for insurance; I plan for six months of expenses. I take clear steps to change my present to affect the future of the sweet things. But if I have not thought of the parallel planning required for a spiritual inheritance, I shall have failed the sweet things no matter the size of their largesse. No trust fund offered today carries with it eternal benefits.

Note: follow up at next gathering. Start should be focused on our finish.

No comments: