2.28.2007

and lifting up His eyes to heaven

Wondrous one alerted me to a beautiful new piece by one of my faves. You can hear it here for the time being. Look for "I Will Lift My Eyes" if they have changed it since the linking.

All the words are poetic in ways that sting your core, but wanted to call out the chorus specifically:
I will lift my eyes to the Maker
Of the mountains I can’t climb
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer
Of the oceans raging wild
I will lift my eyes to the Healer
Of the hurt I hold inside
Maker. Calmer. Healer.

Flock been studying the attributes of God these past two months, and none of these three characteristics have been (or will be) taught, and yet if you had to pick three, just three, could you go wrong with these? Faith recognizes all comes from Him. Faith recognizes that the only eternal peace comes from Him. Faith recognizes the only staunching of that deepest of wounds comes from Him. And faith recognizes that the realization of all these things come from lifting Him up and humbling you down, and thus the lifting of eyes is the only way to see Him -- Maker, Calmer, Healer.

No comments: