2.26.2007

no difference to me

Word calls us to separate ourselves from this world. My own take on that is it refers more to perspective and heart and mind than physical separation. In any case, practically speaking, hard to do. However, love it when the things I find palatable in the world intersect with my faith.

Case in point, if you're not watching the best show on TV, I feel bad for you. Never thought I'd hear musings on faith in a show whose premise is based on evolution. One character notes to another that "any time someone comes back from the dead" it's a miracle. She then proceeds to tell the other, "What I've seen, what I've witnessed . . . I can't pretend it's the same world it was yesterday."

Christian faith in a nutshell. As recipients of new life in Christ, how is it possible that we still pretend it is the same world? How is it possible that we live lives of similarity to those in darkness?

Oh, yeah. That whole world separation thing....

No comments: