2.03.2007

the sound of the cry of defeat

Launch the media player found here and watch the trailer. Better yet, rent or buy the DVD and watch the whole thing. Actually haven't seen it yet, so I'm making a forward-thinking recommendation. There is a chance the entirety fails to live up to the standards set by the trailer. There is also a chance the entirety adds depth to and makes more glorious the fight laid out in the trailer. Worth the risk in my estimation.

Call me cornball or easily seduced by Hollywood-style production values. I don't really care. I care about this message, a message of utter dependence on God to walk you past and through fear. It doesn't matter if that message is delivered through a parable of high school sports, or through a puppet show, or through a Japanese manga. The means of conveyance cannot dilute the power of Christ through us once we let Him work His ways.

No comments: