3.08.2007

and do you not remember

End of Gen40 says "Yet the chief cupbearer did not remember Joseph, but forgot him." Would be very easy for me to not relate to this v, as I have a memory that makes steel traps wish they weren't included in the cliche. More often than not, my memory serves to unnerve me or hurt me or cloud me. Would be very easy to think ill of this cupbearer since a major event like another man predicting your restoration wouldn't seem like something easily forgotten.

Have spoken in the past about spiritual blindness; thinking today of spiritual amnesia.

How often have I forgotten the Lord's blessings on me while I openly sin? How often have I forgotten Calvary when I deny His name? How often have I forgotten the Shepherd when I wander off the trail?

Would be easy to distance myself from the cupbearer as if he were not me. But I'd be running away from a mirror.

No comments: