8.14.2007

they themselves were filled with rage

This story meshes well with the Romans chapters I've been reading lately. The only emotion I get from this story is one of sadness. All of us, even believers -- sometimes especially believers -- get mad at God. All of us come to a point where the helplessness of the situation fuels furrowed brows turned skyward. This man's actions are not uncommon. Frankly, the Lord would probably prefer a senseless act of anger like a car through a church door over the quiet apathy expressed by most with issues with the Lord, especially those who occupy the pews.

Romans 1 discusses how we purposely turn our backs on God, and Romans 3 reminds us that all are guilty. After that? Don't spoil the rest of Romans for me. I want to see how this story plays out. I have a hunch that there's a happy ending.

No comments: