9.10.2007

in the light, so that you may

David Crowder is the new Rich Mullins for me -- an artist with a powerful ability to craft melodies that dance around poetic lyrics that contain the good news of God and who He is. Listen to and peruse the lyrics of "Wholly Yours" if you don't believe me. I actually don't think it can get better than that first verse:
I am full of earth
You are heaven’s worth
I am stained with dirt, prone to depravity
You are everything that is bright and clean
The antonym of me
You are divinity
But a certain sign of grace is this
From a broken earth flowers come up
Pushing through the dirt
A Christian song is successful only when it can put the gospel into such a light that you are simply overwhelmed, overwhelmed again like that first time; when you realize the difference between the sinfulness that is you and the holiness that is God and the width of that chasm that can only be bridged by that Calvary tree.

No comments: