9.25.2007

unless someone guides me

The saying goes that if you want something done right, you do it yourself. As someone with severe trust issues, that saying couldn't be more true. So always have to remind myself that shepherding isn't a solo activity. That I am not the only one with spiritual gifts. That I am not the only one with a heart for God. That I am not the only one with that calling to grow that flock.

Do shepherds trust other shepherds with their sheep? Say they need a quick break, do they sneak off into the trees for a few minutes okay with the fact that their sheep may or may not be getting eaten by wolves? Okay with the fact that another's crooked staff isn't breaking open one of their heads?

Even if I disagree with a job being done, or feel to myself that I could have done a better job, need to remind myself that other shepherds can flockgrow. And that shepherding isn't just for growing sheep.

No comments: