10.30.2007

because I have you in my heart

Today is one of my favorite days of the year. It's the time of year when John11 is my scheduled daily Bible reading. Still my fave story in my fave chapter in my fave book. Reading through it this morning made me consider what it's like to know the love of Jesus.

The saying goes that it is better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all; it is better to know love. In the case of Christ that is particularly true, especially as it relates to eternal consequences. But even beyond the salvation, it is simply wondrous to know love in its truest form. (An earlier post remarked as much.)

If Laz doesn't know Christ, he never gets to stumble from that tomb in confusion and joy, sure. But if he doesn't know Christ, he also doesn't get that intimate supper with Him several days later. He doesn't get to hear his sisters tell him about those divine tears that fell. He doesn't get to rejoice later with the rest of them when His Savior Himself emerges from a tomb. He doesn't get to smile years later when excitedly he recounts his tale of life and death and life again, but most of all a tale of love, true love, great love.

No comments: