11.09.2007

life, and have it abundantly

Catching up on a few posts. Thinking about the size of grace. Not blind to the enormous amount of grace poured upon me by the Lord. Haven't tried to count my blessings as has been often advised by others since the grace I've received combined with my OCD tendencies to count would trigger an infinite loop I might never recover from. But sitting on a plane last night and thinking of the term "grace upon grace" used in John1.

My math tells me that infinity plus infinity equals infinity. But that doesn't necessarily mean you can't feel the addition. Adding a billion dollars to a billion dollars, sure you might not see the difference. But you certainly feel the blessing when perfect family expands +1, no?

One of the great things about our God is that He can make you see the abundance, see this other abundance in His other hand, and when He brings those two together, you feel abundance, yes, but somehow something else, something new, some new abundance.

No comments: