2.09.2008

out of death into life

Potentially expanding a thought I had posed almost a year ago. In doing so, I've opened up ongoing conversations about the criticality of Easter. I understand that I risk heresy by challenging the evangelical love of Easter, but I maintain my contention that Easter at best is tied for first, and more likely, it is a very close second. Waiting for the responses to my thought from several. While waiting, defenses have come to mind:

* "It is finished."
* Mercy is needed; grace by definition is not needed but a wondrous extra
* One can happen without the other
* Mission clear: to die, not to rise
* Capital punishment analogy

You want hope? Sure, Easter morn brings it. But that hope is not greater than that love. 1Cor13 clear on that. You want that eternity? Sure, so do I. But that's just being greedy. All I need is that clean slate.

No comments: