5.19.2008

you are speaking plainly and

A sister came over recently and spoke about her talent in sign language. She specifically was thankful that she had (as she called it) her own personal worship language. That is a great phrase. I've said all along that one of the great things about our faith is how God makes us all feel unique, like we're the only one in the universe with Him. And so it doesn't surprise me that each of us has a special and personalized language with God.

As I led our small group study of John last night, I felt as I always do when teaching or preaching -- that as He is speaking through me, He is also speaking to me. I hear Him most clearly when I am attempting to convey Him most clearly. Teaching His Word is my personal worship language. It is why I so enjoy being before others. It's not that I want to be the center of attention. It is because I long so much to hear His Spirit. I suppose there could exist no better reason for full-time ministry....

No comments: