6.25.2008

is carried away, his heart

I'm a fan of Hillsong United. Been humming one of their tunes all day today. The clip below shows them performing that song. [Note: MWS does a good version of it as well.] My favorite part is when the chorus kicks in at about the 3:33 mark.

It's frustrating sometimes worshiping Sunday mornings amid the flock when more than 50% of them won't allow their hearts to be carried before the throne of God in utter abandonment, overwhelmed by His presence. Below you can see the band praising amid a sea of raised hands. For most of the performance, they seem like they almost want to stop the music and simply stand there, stand there, undone and overcome.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

It's hard when you don't feel God's presence on Sunday mornings to be overwhelmed by His presence.

Wept_over said...

Does that say something about you or the flock?

Kevin said...

Good question.

Still trying to figure that out.

Talked to a certain somebody about it and that somebody encouraged me to work on it more myself. So I have been regardless of everything around me.

It has just been a struggle recently.