6.11.2008

reached a decision to

Sometimes as a father you have to make tough choices. Your child wants that expensive thing and it's beyond your budget? Sorry, no. Your child wants to eat that dessert, but it's not healthy? Sorry, no. And there is that pang inside you of such love for the children that their every desire is your own desire; but your responsibility as leader has to come first.

As a business leader, I make decisions all the time, and never did I feel a similar pang of desire to meet my love's desire competing against my responsibility to make good choices. As a leader of the flock, I make decisions all the time. But last night at a meeting, had to make tough choices, and surprised to find similar pangs.

I guess that's a good thing, this sense of love, this patrimonial responsibility, this knowledge that good decisions must be made, sometimes contrary to my own desires. I might be doing something right.

No comments: