7.29.2008

and having given thanks

I've decided that on the list of things I want to do before I die is to attend the San Diego Comic-Con. Why? Because I'm a big nerd and geek, that's why. But also because rather than just read about cool new movies coming out, I could hear the announcements in person, and be part of the experience.

I'm not going to link to any video clips (you can search for them by yourselves), but one of the cool things I've seen from the Comic-Con are the TV show and movie panels that happen throughout the week. Stars of the actual shows often attend. But rather than seem disinterested as if they're only there out of contractual obligation to the production companies, what you see in the actors' faces and actions is actual gratitude to the fans. The stars of these shows realize that it is the extreme devotion of these fans that provide them their careers, their livelihoods. So we get actual gratitude on display by these celebrities.

Watched a video clip tonight and reflected on the idea of gratitude. If I knew that my life was due to someone else's devotion, how would I act? I don't think I have to fill in the blanks for you. The connection to Christ is fairly obvious. And if it isn't, you haven't been reading these posts long enough.

No comments: