7.19.2008

follow him into the house

I can't understand why it took me this long to watch my new favorite TV show. I'd been reading positive reviews for quite some time (even Christian reviews), and the sci-fi focus is obviously right up my alley. But the best part of this show is not its sci-fi aspects, but its personal drama elements, religious discussions, and focus on serious real world issues.

In the episode I watched tonight, there is a discussion on military pecking orders and following the chain of command -- no matter your personal feelings toward the orders given, nor the one giving the orders. It is a reflection on blind obedience. The show makes the point that sometimes you have to break the chain of command in order to right a wrong.

Before you jump to any religious connections about the Lord's desire for our obedience, note that following a perfectly good and just God is a far different situation that following an imperfect human with imperfect senses of love and goodness and right and wrong. Just heading off your faulty conclusions.

Not sure where I was going with this, except to say, watch this show.

No comments: