8.07.2008

the family inheritance with me

My pastor has a vision for our church where we have a focus on adoption. It hasn't been fully formed yet, but there's a powerful idea in there somewhere. Adoption is half the gospel message -- God loved you so much His Son died to cancel your debt AND He loved you so much He adopted you into His kingdom. Read this article to get a better understanding of adoption as it connects to our faith.

But an even better article can be found HERE. SCC loses a little one. If that were me, I would be a useless sack of infinite sadness. SCC instead writes an OpEd on CNN for all the world to see. And the OpEd is not focused on his anguish; it instead preaches the importance of adoption and calls for believers to get involved. Ignoring self and preaching the good news? If there's a more pure example of faith, I can't imagine it.

I'm not sold on the whole rewards in Heaven idea. But if there are crowns handed out for anything, methinks SCC is getting one today.

No comments: