9.02.2008

and denial of justice

I didn't grow up with anything; I was poor. The fact that I am not now in the same condition is a blessing from the Lord, I know this. But it does put me in a position where I can be of help to others without the same level of resources. Recently spoke to two relatives and asked them if they needed anything -- code for money. Both vehemently turned down my implied offer of help, as if I had offended them. The fact that both could use the help was of little relevance to them.

This is very much like the unbeliever's position with God. The Almighty freely offers the gift of salvation; already paid the price for eternity through Christ. And yet . . . and yet the unbeliever viciously shakes his head no, he's got it handled. He's fine on his own, thanks. Really, he's good. The fact that he absolutely needs the help and can't do it on his own is not his concern right now.

Pride is a powerful emotion. It can block needed help. Do not let it block eternity for you, friend.

No comments: