10.20.2008

great is the glory of the LORD

The clips below show Chris Tomlin and his new modern hymn "Praise the Father, Praise the Son". It's a beautiful piece of music. The first clip shows him discussing how the song came about -- organically, completely moved by the Spirit of God. The second clip shows Chris performing the song live in the studio of the local Christian radio station (note to self: I guess they don't simply use the canned recordings of artists in other studios; apparently the artists really are live in the studio).

The amazing thing about Chris in the second clip is how much he loves worshiping through song. He literally has sung the song hundreds of times (in studio for the album, in rehearsals, in radio stations across the country, etc.), and yet he can't keep his eyes open as he sings, so overcome by the presence is he. Model for all of us that, even in routine, when worship is pure, everything is fresh before Him.



5 comments:

Kevin said...

I really couldn't stand that song (musically) until I saw him do it himself.

I still hate 105.3 spirit though. Worst radio station ever!

Wept_over said...

105.3 is the worst station ever? Right, but the other stations you listen to that play "better" artsier music that often condones drugs, alcohol, sexual immorality, cursing, etc, those are "better" stations.

It is fine to have a discerning spirit when discussing the merits and problems in American Christianity. I spend as much time being critical of the faith as anyone. But it's a fine line between a discerning spirit and a critical spirit, and one of those isn't from the Lord.

Kevin said...

See Tung, you got me all wrong. I love certain Christian radio stations. But Spirit (in my experience) is by far the WORST Christian Music Station ever.

Kevin said...

Oh, and most of the radio I listen to is online. Not a lot to choose from in Washington.

Anonymous said...

I loved that song, and came straight home and bought it.

I can't say I love everything about Spirit 105.3, but having lived in a town where there was NO Christian station, I'm glad to have something friendly to my faith to listen to, especially since I never seem to make the time to record an MP3 mix for my car.