11.22.2008

and offer for your cleansing what

I've written before about a holiday tradition. There's actually a new tradition that I'm hoping we continue -- the pre-holiday purge. Spent hours trashing and restacking and reordering. It's literally like the best way I can think of to spend a Saturday. And afterwards, I actually had to wait in line to donate bags of stuff. Apparently, the weekend before Thanksgiving is everyone's tradition to clean & purge.

Unfortunately, I know that most are purging simply to prepare for the coming re-accumulation. The purging is enough to bring joy to my soul; others purge in order to find space, like a man starving himself before the competitive eating event. We are a nation of plenty, even for those who might feel otherwise. I was going to make some connection between purging and confession, but the re-accumulation thing would make the analogy state that we confess in readiness to sin even more.

Wait, that actually makes sense, unfortunately.

No comments: